ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Learning C++ Builder

(1/5) > >>

mouser:
As someone who is quite fond of C++ builder, I'm happy to help people out who might want some help using it.
I'll try to post some tutortials and walkthrough throughout the course of the contest.

Feel free to ask any c++ builder (bcb) related questions here, or in the #bcb channel on efnet where I also hang out.

Carol Haynes:
This would be good. I have a copy of C++ Builder 4 Pro - is that still serviceable as the upgrade prices are ridiculous for a novice/home user!

Does anyone know what is contained in their student offering? It is for sale on the website but you can only find it by typing the word 'student' in the search box and there are no details.

Here is the UK Borland store entry

It doesn't seem to exist on the US site?

mouser:
builder 6 is still very usable.
builder 5 is usable.

below that you are probably asking for trouble.

a better experience might be to use the trial version of 2006 edition for now, and i will check more about possible home/student/noncommerical discounts.

Smirf:
Well, there are some questions, where I am not sure, how to act correctly within new BDS2006 compared to BCB6:

a) how to assistedly insert new methods, functions, properties or variables?
b) how to have listed functions ordered alphabetically?

Regards, Reinhard.

Shed:
HOW PLAY MUSIC MIDI IN OUR BUILDER APPLICATIONS
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Select the MediaPlayer Component....from SYSTEM Tab....and Drop into main Form of the applicacion....

The Form looks now with the MediaPlayer component with this visible buttons.....

Follow we can modify the property .......MediaPlayer->AutoOpen to True

Then when the Form loads , the MediaPlayer is opened automatically when the application starts....

Also we need a *.MID file for music playing.......you have a midi song included with the source code here:

http://www.cyberscope-station.com/frikidune/images/Tutorial - Playing Midi Files.zip

This Midi song, it's assigned to MediaPlayer->Filename property...

If you want "don't show" the component, then you must assign -False- to Visible property in properties Editor

(for example for background music ambience or other buttons pre-defined by you....)

Finally, we starts reproduction in constructor of MainForm

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------
__fastcall TForm1::TForm1(TComponent* Owner)
: TForm(Owner)
{

MediaPlayer1->Open();
MediaPlayer1->Play();
}
//---------------------------------------------------------------------------

//And we've done! Midi Music playing!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version