ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

format Trout StatusBar?

<< < (3/4) > >>

AEN007:
Why is is the PL# section so/too wide?-AEN007 (June 17, 2012, 06:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's that wide so it can handle two six-digit numbers and the slash e.g. 888888/888888-skwire (June 17, 2012, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---
how often does anyone load more than 999 items into Trout? I never do ...
Which OS are you using?-skwire (June 18, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
... see previous post(s) ...
Also, that screenshot has been reduced in size making it very hard to see the path at the bottom.-skwire (June 18, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
... well zooming with an image viewer/editor makes it clearer ...

jgpaiva:
Which OS are you using?-skwire (June 18, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
... see previous post(s) ...
-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

[helpful mode on]
I believe this refers to the OS, which I suppose is XP?
on my MultiMedia XP PII
-AEN007 (June 17, 2012, 12:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
[helpful mode off]

Also, that screenshot has been reduced in size making it very hard to see the path at the bottom.-skwire (June 18, 2012, 09:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
... well zooming with an image viewer/editor makes it clearer ...
-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually, no it doesn't:

skwire:
often does anyone load more than 999 items into Trout? I never do ...-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're not everyone.  The status bar isn't changing.

... well zooming with an image viewer/editor makes it clearer ...-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 10:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

Give me some credit here.  I did try to enlarge it but, as jgpaiva shows, it doesn't help much.

Which Service Pack of XP are you using on that computer?  My development computer is running XPSP3 and the path shortening works fine.

AEN007:
One can see in the enlarged image that the filename is truncated but the path is not.
I am running XPProSP3.

I make suggestions that would/could improve Trout.
You seem to be more interested in being the boss ...
No matter ... at one time Trout was the first/only audio option
I was able to make work on my PII XP MM laptop ...
but now (as I have previously posted elsewhere) I have multiple MM options ...

skwire:
One can see in the enlarged image that the filename is truncated but the path is not.-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Are you positive you're using the latest Trout?  Here's what I see when setting up a long path test folder and your filename:

Note that backslashes show up as Yen symbols on my setup.

I make suggestions that would/could improve Trout.
You seem to be more interested in being the boss ...-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's not about me being the boss.  It's about me striking a balance between adding code that is useful for a majority of people and code that is not.  It's also about a balance between the time and energy I would have to invest into writing that code.  Please realise that I have a regular job and family and that I do this in my spare time at a cost of nothing to you.

No matter ... at one time Trout was the first/only audio option
I was able to make work on my PII XP MM laptop ...
but now (as I have previously posted elsewhere) I have multiple MM options ...-AEN007 (June 18, 2012, 12:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

If one of those other options suits your needs better than what Trout can currently do, that's great to hear.   No pun intended.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version