ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Shortcuts Creator

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
Give this a try: File Punter v1.0.4.2

1) Download, unzip, and launch FilePunter.
2) Click the green plus button and create two rules like this (obviously, change the paths to accommodate your system):

First rule

* Choose the correct source folder.
* Leave the Recurse source folder checkbox unchecked.
* Pattern:  (.*)_
* Check the Pattern is a regular expression checkbox.
* Destination:  c:\path\to\destination_1\??1
* DONE: Shortcuts Creator

Second rule

* Choose the correct source folder.
* Leave the Recurse source folder checkbox unchecked.
* Pattern:  _(.*)\.
* Check the Pattern is a regular expression checkbox.
* Destination:  c:\path\to\destination_2\??1
* DONE: Shortcuts Creator

It should look something like this when you're done:

DONE: Shortcuts Creator

3) Check each of the rows.
4) Change the method dropdown to Create shortcuts.
5) Click the Start button.

Let us know if you have great success or epic failure.   :D

nkormanik:
Thanks, Skwire, for adding the "Create Shortcuts" option.  I think that's exactly what's needed.  Thanks, too, for the clear instructions.

I'm still somewhat unclear on regular expressions, but will experiment and continue learning.

Hope this has been helpful for others as well.

nkormanik:
This feedback may better belong in the File Punter thread.  But..., I tried the new "Create Shortcuts" option using plain wildcards, and no shortcuts were produced in the destination folder.

"Copy files to destination" worked fine.

"Simulation only" worked fine.

code used:

C:\Downloads    *.jpg     C:\4     No     No

skwire:
I tried the new "Create Shortcuts" option using plain wildcards, and no shortcuts were produced in the destination folder.
-nkormanik (June 16, 2012, 01:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yep, I hadn't added it to that portion of the application.  It should function in this build:  File Punter v1.0.4.3

Please let me know if the app functions how you like.  If so, I'll promote it to v1.0.5 and release it on my main site.  Thanks for testing.  =]

nkormanik:
Bingo!

Amazing program, Skwire.

Really nice touch, too, that the destination folders need not actually exist, but will be automatically created.  That is an extremely important feature.

Seems, in answer to my original request, that using plain wild cards alone will do the trick using your program.  User just needs to create a text file containing the snippets one per line.  And import that text file into File Punter.  Press start.

I suppose using Regular Expressions, though, would be more efficient.  Trouble is, I have yet to figure out RegEx....

Fantastic job!  Thanks a million.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version