ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

World's first 'tax' on Microsoft's Internet Explorer 7

<< < (3/5) > >>

app103:
Interesting that they are targeting IE7 users only and offering browser suggestions that do not include upgrading to a newer version of IE. I wonder why that is?

Could it be possible that they are just a bunch of obnoxious browser bigots?

Stoic Joker:
Interesting that they are targeting IE7 users only and offering browser suggestions that do not include upgrading to a newer version of IE. I wonder why that is?-app103 (June 15, 2012, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent point.  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
Safari=pariah as far as I'm concerned.
-Stoic Joker (June 15, 2012, 11:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
As a mac user (not very much by choice, unfortunately), I agree 100%. I'm not stating that from an end-user point of view, safari is any good (it isn't :P ). But honestly, every time I think of doing some web development on my own I give up when I realize the amount of time I will lose patching stuff because each browser implements stuff in a slightly different way. So, I really can't defend IE7 on this (or any other browser, to be fair, since not even my up-to-date chrome renders acid2 exactly like the reference image).

Could it be possible that they are just a bunch of obnoxious browser bigots?
-app103 (June 15, 2012, 12:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Maybe they spent truckloads of money getting their site to work on crippled browsers with large market shares and were so burned that they hate ie for life? :P

Carol Haynes:
Out of curiosity - if you have IE7 try opening adobe.com !!

I reinstalled a Vista based computer this morning and went to get Flash and Reaqder to install and adobe.com simply won't open in IE7 (at least an unpatched Vista version).

SeraphimLabs:
Very arrogant, interesting way to say fuck you to potential customers. Nothing wrong with a regular message or graceful degredation?
-justice (June 15, 2012, 10:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or simply quietly dropping support and letting all of the IE7 users wonder why the layout is completely unusable except for an error message recommending a newer browser.

At least that's what usually happens.

Funny thing, I actually have a situation that goes the other way. Some of the web applications I've encountered over the years explicitly require IE7, and are incompatible with anything else.

Go figure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version