ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Raspberry Pi's $35 Linux PC

<< < (2/31) > >>

Renegade:
Well, can't buy it, but registered interest. -Renegade (June 14, 2012, 12:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can also register at RS Components (Australia), it'll be AU$41 delivered, cheaper than Element 14 - (formerly Farnell and the 14th element is Silicon in case you're wondering :) ).

The queue must be mighty long, I registered a while ago and so far they've invited two lots of 4000 to order.....and I wasn't one of them.
-4wd (June 14, 2012, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

Great! Thanks for the heads up there! I was rushing through things and didn't check for that.

4wd:
I think I might have a small wait on my hands :(

Your Raspberry Pi Id number is 244205
--- End quote ---

Or I could get one from ebay.....

Only selling as I don't have time for the project I intended to use it for.
--- End quote ---
I ordered 2 of these with hopes to use them together for a project but I am no longer going that route.
--- End quote ---
I don't really have a need for it...
--- End quote ---

Yeah, right....

>:(

Renegade:
Bought a few to scalp on ebay. Pay up or wait months.
--- End quote ---

3x the price? Good grief!

40hz:
Don't know if anyone cares, but the Rasberry Pi community has their own monthly e-magazine. Called The MagPi, it's now up to the second issue and may be downloaded here.

The MagPi: a Raspberry Pi community magazine
Posted on May 5, 2012 by liz   

Whenever I’m tasked with chatting up potential donors, partners or volunteers for the Raspberry Pi project, I’m asked what really makes us stand out from other computer companies. There are lots of answers: the charity business model; the unusual price point we’ve picked; the open-source software; the transparency about process; the focus on education.

But for me, what I consider the biggest thing we have going for us, and the thing I tend to rattle on about most in meetings, is the community that’s grown around the project. The MagPi, a free online magazine dedicated to the Raspberry Pi, whose first issue was released a few days ago, is a perfect example of that. It’s been put together entirely by volunteers, guided by Ash Stone, Jason “Jaseman” Davies, Meltwater and other names you may recognise from the forums and comments on this site. I was broadly aware they were up to something, but I was amazed at the scope of what they sent me to look at earlier in the week, and I’ve been really, really impressed by the first issue. There are Debian and Puppy guides, articles on computing history, ideas for robotics projects, tutorials in Scratch and Python (with code you can type in yourself, just like in the good old days), features about the Raspberry Pi itself, and other goodies to dig into. I really can’t recommend it enough, and if you haven’t been lucky enough to get to the head of the queue, you don’t need a Raspberry Pi to find it useful (you might actually find the magazine good preparation before yours arrives). So go and download a copy, have a flick through, write to the guys if you think you can contribute to future issues, and let us know what you think!
--- End quote ---

8) :Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Don't know if anyone cares, but the Rasberry Pi community has their own monthly e-magazine. Called The MagPi, it's now up to the second issue and may be downloaded here.
-40hz (June 18, 2012, 05:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is only looking better and better! Thanks for the heads up!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version