ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Raspberry Pi's $35 Linux PC

<< < (16/31) > >>

superboyac:
This raspberry pi is going to change the world...and other stuff like it, like the arduino.  I'm soooo excited about this and for the young geeks out there.  I remember when my dad forced me to build my own computer in high school and what that did to me.  And even though I may have gone a little overboard with it for many years, it has saved my life in so many ways I feel.

Edvard:
The more I read about stuff like this, the more I'm convinced that the R-Pi, Arduino, Beagle Board, and now Bunnie Huang's open-source laptop may well be the savior of general-purpose computing.  Let Microsoft have their fnikcug Secure Boot.  As far as I know, Microsoft isn't going to planning on releasing Windows PI, are they?... 

Didn't think so.

BTW - Element14/Farnell now has the 512MB version and much better shipping times.
http://www.zdnet.com/raspberry-pi-delivery-delays-leave-buyers-hungry-and-angry-7000005919/
I'm ordering one as soon as I have the extra cash...
 :Thmbsup:

4wd:
New Raspberry Pi RevB arrived today, comes in a nice plastic case that has integral board and SD card holder:

Raspberry Pi's $35 Linux PC

This is from RS Components - I do wish it wasn't pink though.

Carol Haynes:
I do wish it wasn't pink though.
-4wd (December 21, 2012, 12:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't you mean raspberry coloured? What colour should raspberry pi be?  :tellme:

4wd:
I do wish it wasn't pink though.
-4wd (December 21, 2012, 12:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't you mean raspberry coloured? What colour should raspberry pi be?  :tellme:
-Carol Haynes (December 21, 2012, 01:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Raspberries are darker than that - well the ones I've eaten anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version