ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Help me think of a small ipad app idea to code

<< < (10/11) > >>

Renegade:
This is mostly on topic, but humorous:

http://www.zdnet.com/true-confessions-of-a-former-iphone-developer-7000002761/

True confessions of a former iPhone developer
--- End quote ---

Stoic Joker:
Interesting to see this bit:

In fact, here's my estimate. Given the 16 or so clones of my one DaysTo Christmas app, I'd guess that for every "real" app, there are something like 10-20 bad clones. Apple's 500,000 apps claim? My guess is there are probably less than 30,000 apps of anything resembling quality.-The Article
--- End quote ---

I'd always wondered about that myself.

Renegade:
Interesting to see this bit:

In fact, here's my estimate. Given the 16 or so clones of my one DaysTo Christmas app, I'd guess that for every "real" app, there are something like 10-20 bad clones. Apple's 500,000 apps claim? My guess is there are probably less than 30,000 apps of anything resembling quality.-The Article
--- End quote ---

I'd always wondered about that myself.
-Stoic Joker (August 21, 2012, 09:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

Early on I noticed that the app store was full of complete garbage. Like how many "sexy bathing suit" apps do you need? I think those are mostly gone now though.

Hey! Maybe a "sexy kitty" app, eh mouser? :D

Stoic Joker:
I was thinking a days to the Apocalypse app might be good. Just make the end of world date configurable so no one is tied to a specific bandwagon. It's fun for the whole family; look mommy, only 28 days till the comet hits/lord comes/spaceships land...

40hz:
This is mostly on topic, but humorous:

http://www.zdnet.com/true-confessions-of-a-former-iphone-developer-7000002761/

True confessions of a former iPhone developer
--- End quote ---

-Renegade (August 21, 2012, 09:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't imagine why any indy developer in their right mind, or with a shred of self-resoect, would still want to do an iOS app after reading that. You could almost excuse or overlook anything in the article except for how paid support request tickets not only went unanswered, but were apparently ignored.

How many times do small but hopeful iOS developers need to get slapped in the face and laughed at before they 'get' the message Apple is sending them?
 :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version