ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Icann reveals new internet top-level domain name claims

<< < (3/4) > >>

40hz:
Is there any truth to the rumor that the United States has applied for .bs, and plans on using it to replace .gov for all its websites?  :huh:

TaoPhoenix:
There's something hysterically funny there about Google applying for a hundred, Apple only wants one. "If it ain't .apple, it's second rate."  ;D
-TaoPhoenix (June 15, 2012, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, yeah, funny until I think that Apple is a pure predator, and likely has some proxy company doing everything else for them. That's how the stock market works, so I doubt this is much different. Apple defines itself by being simple, so anything else is bad publicity for them. Google on the other hand is trying to be all things to all people, so .mom, .etc all make sense for it.

But I really do wonder now that you pointed that out...
-Renegade (June 15, 2012, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

I really don't think so - that Proxy thing is more a Microsoft kind of move. I think this is another of Apple's Walled Garden moves, trying to create fear that anywhere outside their nice cozy eden is a virtual ghetto that will get you virtually shot.

It's Microsoft that seems to do more the Jackson Pollock marketing - "let's throw stuff into userspace and then when we change our minds 2 years from now we'll throw more stuff."

Stoic Joker:
Is there any truth to the rumor that the United States has applied for .bs, and plans on using it to replace .gov for all its websites?  :huh:-40hz (June 15, 2012, 07:30 AM)
--- End quote ---

:Thmbsup: We can only hope...  :D

Stoic Joker:
I think this is another of Apple's Walled Garden moves, trying to create fear that anywhere outside their nice cozy eden is a virtual ghetto that will get you virtually shot.-TaoPhoenix (June 15, 2012, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now thi$ I $ee as a definite po$$ibility.

KynloStephen66515:
I think this is another of Apple's Walled Garden moves, trying to create fear that anywhere outside their nice cozy eden is a virtual ghetto that will get you virtually shot.-TaoPhoenix (June 15, 2012, 10:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Now thi$ I $ee as a definite po$$ibility.
-Stoic Joker (June 15, 2012, 11:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

In case anybody didnt get that...

(Source)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version