ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Sending user-supplied text

(1/3) > >>

ralphkru:
Prime newby to AHK and programming of any sort.  I think this question is ground-level basic.  I would like to send text to an application (say Word), with part of the text being a value I supply.  For instance, I might want to put in an identification number of some sort off of a list of such numbers.  Real basic data entry.  I've read about AHK's Input box, but, frankly, didn't understand it very well.  Anybody explain this in easy level tech words?  Thanks. 

MilesAhead:
To send text see the help for Send, SendRaw etc..

Also if you search here:
http://www.autohotkey.com/community/index.php?sid=d383aae5a51e849838013c5ed6a8e81d

It's probably already been answered.

ralphkru:
Yeah, I'm doing that.  Don't always understand everything I'm reading.  Looking for examples in other people's scripts of how those commands are used.

MilesAhead:
AHK isn't the easiest first language. AHK_L helps somewhat. But the syntax is funky. Maybe give AutoIt a try. It's another macro language.  It has a Send() function that's similar, but the language syntax may be easier to catch onto if you are new to programming. I've been programming PCs since 1986 and AHK still throws me.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?

ralphkru:
Good suggestion.  I did look at Autoit before I got into AHK_L.  The learning curves seemed pretty similar.  But there were some AHK scripts (real simple ones) that I could figure out just by looking at them.  That's what made me decide to try AHK.  Autoit's syntax seems a tad more formal, if that's the word I want.  I'll stick with AHK for a while longer anyway, but thanks.

Here's a question out of the command help.  For InputBox they show InputBox, OutputVar [, Title, Prompt, HIDE, Width, Height, X, Y, Font, Timeout, Default].  I assume the [ ] brackets mean the commands, I guess I mean parameters, are optional.  The question is, from the examples they show, you have to put a comma followed by a space for every one of those parameters you don't want to use.  That is, if you want to include parameter #1 and 3, but not #2, you have to put the comma+space between 1 and 3.  Correct?  And if you don't want to use any parameters after #3, you can just stop?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version