ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Proposals for the UN ITU to govern/control the Internet being considered by US

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
So what's worse than pure, unmitigated evil?
-TaoPhoenix (June 08, 2012, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The blind unmitigated desire to bring about "good" by any means necessary. (i.e. jihad, crusade, true faith, eugenics, ethnic 'cleansing', special military tribunals, college admissions exams, etc.)
 :o

Renegade:
So what's worse than pure, unmitigated evil?
-TaoPhoenix (June 08, 2012, 10:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

The blind unmitigated desire to bring about "good" by any means necessary. (i.e. jihad, crusade, true faith, eugenics, ethnic 'cleansing', special military tribunals, college admissions exams, etc.)
 :o
-40hz (June 10, 2012, 07:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

There is nothing worse than "well meaning" people in the machine. :(

40hz:
BTW, I don't see the US ceding anything to the UN without the US still remaining firmly in control once it got there.

The responsibility is arguably not "all in good hands".

-IainB (June 08, 2012, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent point. But considering the dismal record of the UN in handling any crisis, large or small, within the last two decades, I don't really see where having them handle it will be any improvement.

Ditto for the EU with the way it's been behaving lately. Especially considering how many European nations are adopting legislation proposed by the US - but which the US government has been relatively unsuccessful getting adopted domestically. Funny isn't it how the US isn't currently blocking Pirate Bay on the ISP/search level? Or getting away with adopting laws like France and a few other places have regarding IP protection.

I personally think ALL of our current political frameworks are inadequate to the task at hand.

Too bad half the politicos that agree with me have decided some form of fascism is the answer.

IainB:
...BTW, I don't see the US ceding anything to the UN without the US still remaining firmly in control once it got there...
-40hz (June 10, 2012, 07:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I would have thought that also, but not after reading this:LOST is Centralized Control of the World by the UN
I would have thought the LOST (Law of the Sea Treaty) was wanted by the US like a hole in the head, but apparently not so - according to other news reports on this.
Puzzling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version