ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

It's a Google world

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jibz:
No adds here using Crome with AdBlock -- have you tried clicking that "why these adds?" link and see if it's something you can disable perhaps?
-Jibz (June 06, 2012, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

No adds here using FF & Adblock - I wonder is it a European vs. US thing (me & Jibz being in eu/europe)
-tomos (June 06, 2012, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.

4wd:
No adds here using Crome with AdBlock -- have you tried clicking that "why these adds?" link and see if it's something you can disable perhaps?
-Jibz (June 06, 2012, 12:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

No adds here using FF & Adblock - I wonder is it a European vs. US thing (me & Jibz being in eu/europe)
-tomos (June 06, 2012, 01:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.
-Jibz (June 06, 2012, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm down under :)

But yes, I tried disabling/enabling AdBlock/DNTMP/Ghostery a few times, (this is only in Dragon), and it's come good, ie. no ads.  Don't know what happened, maybe it managed to sneak in an extension update while I wasn't looking.

Firefox, (plus addons), has always blocked the ads - that's my main browser.  Dragon is my portable browser.

zridling:
Most google search results now are tied to your location and social network. Start by getting rid of that Gmail account if you have one.

justice:
I'm not sure why you think this is a personal problem, it's not my screenshot :) maybe read the articles :)

TaoPhoenix:

Yikes. They must also have some kind of location thing using your IP address by region because when I type "pizza" I get *eight* listings for local restaurants in my town! I'm not even logged in to any Google services!   :o

I don't yet know what I have to fiddle with to turn that off. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version