ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses

<< < (2/4) > >>

sujay85:
Winners announced.. ;)

Steven Avery:
Thanks.

I really like your software (have the pro edition) and I can't find the original rules.  I thought I remembered something about a Facebook +1 being a part of the contest, so I passed. However, I may have been mistaken. I really feel like that whole +1 thing is an abomination, especially when incentive based.  Just want to let you know.  However, if I am confusing contests or something ... oops .. apologies.

ADDED
ok, my error, you only encouraged the facebook thing, it wasn't required, just a comment was required. (And a good pct of the comments were substantive.) All in all it was done reasonably well. I just got diverted :) .

Also, suggestion:
 you should put the deadline on the announcements, even in the subject line. To help with the "I'll do it tomorrow" syndrome. e.g.
"Hard Disk Sentinel Professional: 25 Lifetime Licenses - entries through June 1, 2012"

Also, I wasn't so sure if it was meant more for newbies who didn't have a license, or if we should use the license on our other puters (I didn't remember the license status offhand, how many pcs are covered), or if we are well covered we should give it away or what. Next time around, if you do similar... you know, like a special donationcoder something ... please put a little sidenote about all that.

And also keep in mind the idea of BillP of WinPatrol. Where he occasionally lets licenses be very inexpensive, a couple of dollars.  (Not necessarily in a contest, but how to work these things is always a puzzle, since you want some limitations, either contest style or total number of license, and/or total number of licenses per user, etc.) That from BillP is one idea that helps keeps the participants focused... but it aint actually a freebie, which is the fun fun fun part.

Steven

Renegade:
I am disgusted to see same persons participating in all contests. I am posting here because I want some good members to grab the offer, not just the regular ones who jump over any promotional offers.
-sujay85 (June 01, 2012, 04:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha~! I can see that! I always check out things to see if I'll actually use them before I "jump over" any offers. :) Another software license sitting in my email inbox does nobody any good. :)

I thought I remembered something about a Facebook +1 being a part of the contest, so I passed. However, I may have been mistaken. I really feel like that whole +1 thing is an abomination, especially when incentive based.  Just want to let you know.  However, if I am confusing contests or something ... oops .. apologies.
-Steven Avery (June 09, 2012, 11:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hehehe! The thing that ticks me off are all those "...if you... repost/share this..." on FB. That's a guaranteed way to make certain that I won't. :P

It looks like your contest went well there! Congrats! :)

sujay85:
Hi Steven Avery,
Yes,
That Facebook thing was totally optional. The developer asked me to encourage users to like their webpage, so I kept that part as optional requirement. Only email subscription was the requirement...:)

Next Time, I will specify these things: Final Date, PCs covered etc info in the title. :)

Hi Renegade,
Thanks for understanding my point...   :P

Yup that contest went quite good  :D

Jibz:
Hahaha~! I can see that! I always check out things to see if I'll actually use them before I "jump over" any offers. :) Another software license sitting in my email inbox does nobody any good. :)
-Renegade (June 10, 2012, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree, I only sign up for contests on stuff I really want, and I have been quite lucky I must admit, winning stuff like Total Commander in the DCC giveaways :-*.

Hehehe! The thing that ticks me off are all those "...if you... repost/share this..." on FB. That's a guaranteed way to make certain that I won't. :P
-Renegade (June 10, 2012, 12:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, I am not liking anything on facebook to enter a contest :-[. I like the way this one was made, signing up for their newsletter and making a post is fair enough, and making the rest optional (I followed him in G+ though, because that works differently).

All in all a nice contest yeah :Thmbsup:.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version