ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Software Charity?

<< < (3/3)

Gwen7:
To be perfectly honest, I just don't have the time to run around trying to find XYZ and needs software ABC.

So, the basic question is, is there already some kind of charity organization that does all the running around?

It doesn't sound like there is... Oh well...
-Renegade (May 30, 2012, 01:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

i do a lot of work with charities and causes. so I hear from and meet a lot of people like you who legitimately want to do some good - but remain personally uninvolved for whatever reason. it's almost like a variation of noblesse oblige where somehow sending off a fat check is all that is needed to make a difference. well guess what? it's suboptimal. and charities that are primarily interested in getting contributions or donations without involving the donors (usually the really big ones) aren't always the best groups to get involved with. wish it were otherwise. but it's not. :-)

wraith808:
Considering your software in particular, Renegade, you might definitely want to check which local schools have a music program.  I think there's definitely a synergy there, though you'd have to do a bit of leg/phone/email- work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version