ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

outliner

<< < (2/5) > >>

kalos:
do you think an advanced xml creator/editor/viewer would be more powerful, handy, efficient, etc?

tomos:
>> When you say "in a file that can be transfered to another pc and be viewed/edited there without the need to install anything" do you mean the database should include "File1" etc ?

exactly
-kalos (May 23, 2012, 05:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

IQ uses a database file and an associated folder (within the [portable] app folder) for the HTML/MHT content (notes/saved web pages). It looks like files are not automatically stored in the database or associated folder - you could manually copy the file to the relveant folder and then link to the database. You *can* make notes/saved-web-content be part of the database, but not files.

You may well find a better solution for that - I'm not familiar with other outliners. Ultrarecall used to be popular - not sure if it's fully alive (?) I'm sure there's other options out there.

skwire:
I want to create an outline like this:-kalos (May 23, 2012, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

For these types of things, I like to use Blumind.

kalos:
ability to view/edit doc/pdf/xls/txt/jpg/etc inside the program (in a pane)
ability to flageach entry in the tree, via tickbox, coloring, etc
ability to save inserted files

are all must

tomos:
ability to view/edit doc/pdf/xls/txt/jpg/etc inside the program (in a pane)
ability to flageach entry in the tree, via tickbox, coloring, etc
ability to save inserted files

are all must
-kalos (May 23, 2012, 06:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

view/edit *all* those filetypes "inside" the programme - I doubt that exists.
I'd be surprised (but interested) if you find anything that can even edit all those filetypes via an external editor... IQ will edit office files -via MS Office- if you have it installed. Note: currently some people are having a problem with displaying office filetypes in IQ due to a problem with IE (the current viewer engine), and MS deciding we cannot really mess around with filtype associations in Vista/Windows7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version