ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows Aero (transparent window borders, etc.) is dead.. Good riddance

<< < (5/6) > >>

daddydave:
I also like XP's "Fisherprice" theme
-Deozaan (May 22, 2012, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, I hate that blue and orange menace! The first thing I always did was change it to "classic" mode.

Carol Haynes:
I think the real reason MS want to dump Aero is so that Metro doesn't look completely pants (it still does in my opinion but if you have a nice looking desktop it actually makes Metro look even worse).

PS: I hate the classic start menu - much prefer XP, Vista and 7 start menus.

Deozaan:
--- End quote ---

Oh, I hate that blue and orange menace! The first thing I always did was change it to "classic" mode.
-daddydave (May 22, 2012, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Orange? :huh:

I only remember it being blue, except the red X button of course. And since blue is my favorite color... I like it.  :)

daddydave:
--- End quote ---

-daddydave (May 22, 2012, 05:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Orange? :huh:

I only remember it being blue, except the red X button of course. And since blue is my favorite color... I like it.  :)
-Deozaan (May 22, 2012, 05:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

I stand corrected. I had a memory of the red X button being orange, but I guess it was just the gloss on the red making it a little lighter.

PhilB66:
I Just drop the border thickness from (the default) 4 to 2-Stoic Joker (May 22, 2012, 12:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

How do you do that? I haven't messed with border thickness settings before, but when I go into the settings it's already at 1, and it still seems to be pretty thick.
-Deozaan (May 22, 2012, 01:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Personalization\Window Color and Appearance

Click on "Advanced appearance settings..."
Select "Border Padding" from the dropdown menu to change the width.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version