ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Request for help - potential website security issue

<< < (2/3) > >>

rgdot:
See the same as Stephen.

Only thing I can think of is masking or identifying as googlebot, but I don't believe many users know how and it won't work in many cases anyway.

wraith808:
Try

--- Code: Text ---http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=cache%3Awww.swaledaleroadrunners.co.uk%2Fforum

with the actual link to a page in place of the

--- Code: Text ---www.swaledaleroadrunners.co.uk%2Fforum.  

I doubt that it will work, but it sometimes does.

Carol Haynes:
Yes I wondered about caching but the forum pages aren't in the site map and are set not to index by google etc. As far as I can tell they are not cached (looking at the google webadmin index) and certainly if I look for a cached copy of a specific forum thread it comes up as not indexed by google.

I don't think the member would be able to craft that sort of URL anyway - they said it was just from browsing on the website.

x16wda:
Well, if you can disable your user's site account, then that shouldn't interrupt access from what the user said, right?

Carol Haynes:
Well, if you can disable your user's site account, then that shouldn't interrupt access from what the user said, right?
-x16wda (May 21, 2012, 06:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

That was precisely my thought - unfortunately I only set up the site, I am not a club member myself so I can't really make that decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version