ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (8/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
SectionAte 1.0.19.0 Now displays current grid in Tray Icon Tooltip.

Attronarch:
Would you be interested in adding the possibility to change the grid layout (from A to F) with hot-keys? For example Ctrl+Shift+L A = layout A, etc.

Yeah, I know. That's the reason the programs that provide it charge like $29.95. It takes way too much work to accommodate a variable number of sections each with a variable percentage of screen space. To be honest I don't use grid myself much. I thought I'd take a shot at doing an easy version of it since I saw some mentioned on some forums.-MilesAhead (May 26, 2012, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

I did not want to sound rude or demanding, I was merely stating my observations. What you did here is great.

But I can add the side by side grid. That's pretty easy. It's just every one added I have to modify the other 5 or 6 or 7 that come before it. But I can see side by side is useful. I should post it before the weekend is out. Thanks for the interest. :)-MilesAhead (May 26, 2012, 02:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for adding it, works like a charm.

tomos:
The question about 'l' I don't understand.
-MilesAhead (May 26, 2012, 07:46 PM)
--- End quote ---
All the other placement keys, t b r s c are independent of any grid. They are just convenient sizes and placements.
-MilesAhead (May 26, 2012, 08:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

the query about "L" (I use caps to show it's not an "i") is in the context of what you call the placement keys - it seems a logical one to include there, a key for Left side/full height

Is there a reason you dont have "L" (for left) listed as a shortcut (after pressing the hotkey) ?
-tomos (May 26, 2012, 06:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

[looking forward to trying new updates...]

MilesAhead:
At the start there was only one grid. The left section of the screen was section 1. So things evolved. I don't want to stick in too many keys. Then it becomes impossible to remember.

Also if you use TicClick, once you have the desired size, you can position it without dragging.  Just use '7' position or if it's full height, positions '4' or '1' will put it flush to the left edge.

MilesAhead:
@tomos, as usual, you make good suggestions.  I'll work on adding the 'L'. It is Logical after all. :)

edit: It's not so much adding an item as then I have to go back and mess with About Box. Not easy to give directions in a few words and avoid it looking like a mess. :)

I'm doing x20 changes. I'll try to add the 'L' on this upload. I'll post when ready.

edit: turns out 'r' was broken. Search and replaced it into something else. :) I have 'l' and 'r' working now as vertical half of screen.  The next upload will have the 'l' key. I just have to redo the About Box. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version