ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

MoveIt 1.5.1.0

<< < (13/26) > >>

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.0.6.0 Now Custom Save info is written to .ini file using floats as a percentage of the work area dimension.  When reading the Custom values from the .ini file, if the numbers are not floating point, they are handled the old way(the same as v. 1.0.5.0.)

If you wish to adjust your custom saves to accommodate more than one screen res. just save using 'z' key. If you use a custom work area setting please remember to use a work area appropriate for the new screen res so that calculations will work. If you use AutoHide Taskbar or always let the system set the work area then you don't need to do anything special.

I usually run at 1280 x 1024 with the 1024 cut down to 908 via work area adjustment. As test I saved a couple of sections with the new version using 'z' then changed the screen res to 1600 x 1200 and set the 1200 down to 1020 work area.  Then I keyed a couple of windows into position.  I must say it worked pretty well. Should be especially handy if you have to use a smaller screen res. It should proportionately size down so that the windows make sense on the desktop, provided you adjust the work area if needed.

The short of it is, you should not have to do anything for the program to work the same as 1.0.5.0. To transition to percentage custom saves, place your custom windows and re 'z' 'em. It's ok to mix and match. Any Custom setting still using the old format will pass through. Of course it will not be sized proportionately if the screen res and/or work area is different than when saved. But it shouldn't be anything bizarre. :)

Attronarch:
So, if I understand correctly, I should replace SectionAte 1.0.20.0 with ShapeShift + MoveIt?

tomos:
So, if I understand correctly, I should replace SectionAte 1.0.20.0 with ShapeShift + MoveIt?
-Attronarch (June 04, 2012, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

MoveIt replaced SectionAte. I believe (but wait see what Miles says) they should *not* be used together as some shortcuts "overlap" and have different effects.

FWIW, MoveIt seems the more interesting app to me. I've used it in combination with jgpaiva's GridMove without any problems-

MilesAhead:
-Attronarch (June 04, 2012, 05:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

SectionAte was sort of a failed attempt. The successful parts were moved to MoveIt.  ShapeShift and MoveIt should not be run together since Alt Arrow hotkeys are used by both.  Think of ShapeShift as a first attempt. It's more for people who like the security of looking at the Gui to see what section to use.  MoveIt is aimed at power users and has more features. The best being the Custom Save or 'z' key feature.

MilesAhead:
MoveIt 1.1.0.0 Bumped up the version to 1.1 due to adding a new feature. You may now drag a window to a screen quadrant, then hold down Alt while releasing the mouse button.  The window will snap to the quadrant that has the origin, or top left corner, of the window.

If the window frame is resizeable it will be sized to fit in the quadrant. Otherwise it will just be placed.
See Readme.txt Revisions section for a few details.

Also updated About Box to list the feature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version