ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

Aptana Studio 3 ROCKS~! (IDE for JavaScript)

<< < (2/2)

Ath:
Is it? That's weird. I think I've used Aptana before and liked it a lot for JS. But I've also used Eclipse before and didn't like it very much.
-Deozaan (May 17, 2012, 05:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm using Eclipse 3.7.x with Java a lot, o_Oand I prefer it much over NetBeans (7.x), even though that NB has some convenience points over Eclipse (mostly related to the default project/deployment features of the standard Ant build script, but I have my own set of Ant scripts).
I wish I had a same level IDE for C# (comparing usefulness and speed with VS2010... :P, and yes, I'm running W7x64 on an i7-860 with 8 GB memory).
OTOH, using Eclipse with C/C++ is IMHO absolute horror, compared even to Borland C++Builder 5 or 6.

Hm, still got trapped into that IDE-war, though I didn't want to go there :huh:

Renegade:
Heck... I don't need to beat on Eclipse! You're doing a very good job already Ath~! ;D

Just kidding~!

Eclipse is a very competent IDE, though like all IDEs, it's better at some things and nasty at others. e.g. VS is awful for JavaScript. It's basically useless.

Anyways, I got done what I wanted with Aptana. And man... Aptana has SERIOUSLY curbed my hatred for JavaScript. It really makes JavaScript much nicer to use~!

Even more on the topic of my hatred for JS... I don't think I really hate it anymore. Aptana was that nice to use!

But, here's what I was working on:

http://cynic.me/2012/05/17/frackin-reserve-web-edition-a-fractional-reserve-banking-simulator/

It's a simple little thing, but I got it done fairly quickly. Especially considering I've done very little JS programming lately and am pretty rusty.

I've also developed a new respect for JavaScript. It's fast enough to do what I was looking to do, and does it well even. I've been so horribly disenchanted by crappy web programming crashing my browser or grinding it to a halt, that I didn't think it would work. (I know a few years back that JS simply couldn't do it on the hardware at the time as I'd tested some iterative logic.)

In a word... Wow. I'm impressed.

But, it still makes me wonder just how in Hades some web sites manage to grind the browser down? Well, that's with some plugins working, but whatever. Plugins are done in JS anyways, so same horse, different steamer. :P

However, my forward looking hope is to transition over to another IDE later on as I'm still on my "divorce yourself from MS" mission. It's harder than it sounds... :(

clo:
I prefer to use Codelobster
It has best JavaScript autocomplete.

wraith808:
I prefer to use [the product I am affiliated with]

-clo (January 23, 2015, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Until you're established - especially when you're recommending your product, you want to make that association clear.

Deozaan:
I prefer to use [the product I am affiliated with]
-clo (January 23, 2015, 09:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Until you're established - especially when you're recommending your product, you want to make that association clear.
-wraith808 (January 23, 2015, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

@clo: Yup. Reviving a 3 year old thread to surreptitiously promote your own product certainly doesn't look very good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version