ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: move small dialog windows to cursor position

<< < (30/39) > >>

AndyM:
So far so good.

Thanks jgpaiva!

nudone:
i haven't thought for too long about this so i may be talking complete rubbish:

i'm wondering if the rules for matching smaller window sizes before moving the dialog is actually superfluous to making dialogmove work.

now that the rules are there to move windows depending on their 'in focus' button (okay, save, cancel, etc) it looks to me that is all that is required, i.e. no need to look for size.

as the windows that are moved by dialogmove tend to have the types of buttons mentioned above then perhaps we could try a version that abandoned the size method.

i mention this as there are still a few windows that don't behave as they should. sometimes they move, sometimes they don't. making a specific window NOT move often effects another window not moving also. these are slight issues but i'm wondering if the size function is the one that is getting in the way.

i need to experiment for a bit and then i'll report back.

jgpaiva:
Sorry nudone, but i didn't exactly understand what you meant.
Please give me some examples, so that i can better understand the problem :)

nudone:
well, the main problem seems to be with the 'save as' dialog. that's the one that troubles me.

i've specified for it to be moved by dialogname 'Save As', sometimes it moves, sometimes it doesn't i can't see any pattern to the problem. i admit it's larger than the rules i've set for size which are 1920 x 200 but as it moves sometimes i just wonder why it doesn't move all the time.

i shall try to follow exactly what is happening when i use the machine tomorrow and then i'll try and give a detailed report.

jgpaiva:
Notice that dialogmove is made so that this new addition doesn't actually tell the window to move, it only tells it where to move, if it is moved.
Also, while testing this, i found this:
Remember that dialogmove doesn't move windows if they'll appear beneath the mouse. A save box is quite big, so there's a good probability this will happen. Please confirm if that's the reason it doesn't move sometimes and others it does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version