ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

DONE: DimSaver, a better PowerDimmer screensaver alternative

<< < (16/17) > >>

brotherS:
I'm still having this strange problem - DimSaver dims for a split-second, then undims, and only after some more time THEN really dims.

Also, when I'm having Faststone Image Viewer display an image when DimSaver kicks in, the cursor will be moved to the 0,0 position on the screen :huh:

I'd be extremely delighted if this could be fixed - or if someone would send me an older version of DimSaver to test this behavior, since I'm pretty sure older versions didn't have this problem.

mixxster:
Hey I love this screensaver!
I have just one problem: the screensaver seems to completely ignore mouse movement once it is done fading to the set darkness level.  Once faded to the set darkness level, I can move the mouse around for an hour, and it still will not undim itself unless I click the mouse or press a key.  The mouse cursor hides when fading begins, and will never show up again once if it is at the set darkness level, unless clicked or key is pressed.

If I move the mouse while the screen is fading however, I have no problem, and the screen returns to normal.

My settings:
Start of Day: 7:00
Darkness:255 (however, any darkness setting returns the same problem)
Start of Night:22:00
Darkness:255
Darken Speed:
Steps:255
Delay:0
Lighten Speed:
Steps:25
Delay:0
Actions that quit dimsaver:
Mouse Moves: Checked
Mouse Clicks: Checked
Keys: Checked
Mouse movement time before quiting:
50ms
I have no image or screensaver configured to load.

P.S. My XP install is only 1 day old, so I doubt I have any programs conflicting with the DimSaver. I only have 1 aditional app running in the background: Microsoft OneCare.

Edit: I have concluded that this only happens when no screensaver is selected to run.

krassonkel:
I have just one problem: the screensaver seems to completely ignore mouse movement once it is done fading to the set darkness level.  Once faded to the set darkness level, I can move the mouse around for an hour, and it still will not undim itself unless I click the mouse or press a key.  The mouse cursor hides when fading begins, and will never show up again once if it is at the set darkness level, unless clicked or key is pressed.

If I move the mouse while the screen is fading however, I have no problem, and the screen returns to normal.

[...]

Edit: I have concluded that this only happens when no screensaver is selected to run.
-mixxster (May 12, 2007, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly the same problem here! Is there any possibility to get that fixes because I want to use DimSaver as my only screensaver =) Really really nice work btw!

ThalSwe:
Recently found this program and love it.  Had been hunting a program like this since I got my new widescreen lcd and had been satisfied with just having a dimming screensaver but when I found this and discovered the option for it to execute a second screensaver almost made me giddy of joy. Another piece of great and simple software skrommel.  :-*

brotherS:
Yeah, I like the latest version too! :-) And remember, when you use it, send skrommel a few bucks/DCredits if you can afford to do that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version