ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Favorite Websites...What are yours?

(1/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
I am currently compiling a list of some great websites to visit for different topics and am wondering what everybody here has to say on the subject.

If you want to suggest one please do it in the following order so it makes it easier for me to add them to the list.

Category | Name/Link | Description

A example of how the list will look:

CategoryName/LinkDescriptionRatingSoftwareDonationCoderDonationCoder.com is a site for people who love computer software, and like the idea of supporting each other's work through donations.
It's funded entirely by individuals who join the site.Download.comHuge Software Repository WebsiteBooksFantasticFiction"Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors: Information on over 350,000 books."  
Invaluable for tracking your favourite authors' books, checking on series, etc.
Cheers!

rjbull:
Books

FantastiFiction  http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

"Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors: Information on over 350,000 books."  Invaluable for tracking your favourite authors' books, checking on series, etc.

KynloStephen66515:
Books

FantastiFiction  http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/

"Bibliographies for over 30,000 authors: Information on over 350,000 books."  Invaluable for tracking your favourite authors' books, checking on series, etc.

-rjbull (May 09, 2012, 04:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

Figured I would add it to this list and grow it from here :D - What rating out of 5 would you give it?

Renegade:
Well, I've got a few here. I don't visit all of them all the time, but some have some mind-blowing information. I'm leaving out a lot, but these are the sites that I probably visit most and that are probably of broader interest to people -- mostly those that are interested in what is going on in the world.

I could post a bunch more, but this is enough. I'm skipping most of the programming stuff because most people here already use the same sites and know them well.

My ratings are all from extensive use of the sites.

News Info WarsExcellent site dedicated to news on what is actually happening in the world.5News Activist PostExcellent site with news across the spectrum. Includes many editorials. Setup as a blog. 5News Russia TodayOne of the best news sites out there. Regularly exposes the complete insanity that has infected the West. RT broadcasts "The World Tomorrow" with Julian Assange. You can view the show at the RT site. Television programs often feature some extremely knowledgeable guests. Some fairly regular guests include Gerald Celente and Alex Jones. Max Keiser does a segment on RT. Adam Kokesh used to have a regular show on RT.  5News Adam vs. The ManAdam Kokesh is ex-US military and runs a libertarian news show/blog/podcast. His YouTube channel has many videos of his shows. Dedicated to libertarian ideals - freedom, freedom, and freedom. 5News Natural NewsNews site dedicated to health related information. Includes editorials and information that goes unreported in mainstream media.5News Before Its NewsNews aggregation site with editorials. Includes many conspiracy theories, some of which are seriously wacky, though most are either plausible or widely accepted as fact.4News David Icke .comDavid Icke's personal site. It includes a lot of news that you will find on other sites like the Activist Post or Info Wars, but also links to much of his own materials. 4News End the LieAlternative news site dedicated to reporting what is actually happening. The editor comes out with some fantastic matieral. Includes links to videos, etc. 5News The Drudge ReportNews aggregation of stories from all over. Includes minor gossip. Exposes corruption in government and corporations on a regular basis, similar to the Activist Post and Info Wars.News Natural SocietyNews site dedicated to health and health legislation. Often reposted at Natural News. 5News The RegisterBiting the hand that feeds IT. Hilarious takes on IT news. Home of the BOFH. 5News Press TVThe official Iranian press. Offers much more balanced and thoughtful news than any mainstream news organization. A definitely refreshing perspective. 5News Black Listed NewsNews aggregation site dedicated to reporting on what goes underreported. UnratedNews RenseNews and conspiracy site. Some pretty wacky stuff included. The vast majority of news is solid and verifiable. An extremely ugly site. 3News The Daily BellNews site dedicated to what is happening in the world. Not very good looking, but has excellent content. 4Blog The Economic Collapse BlogA news blog dedicated to exposing issues that underly the impending economic collapse. 4News Wide Awake NewsExcellent news site with video commentaries. 4News Global ResearchFantastic site dedicated to news on globalism. Reports on news worldwide. Regularly exposes myths in common beliefs.59/11 Architects & Engineers for 9/11Not an "inside job" site. Scholarly articles and information on how it is impossible for 2 airplanes to destroy 3 buildings by causing low-heat fires, and how low-heat fires do not cause symmetrical building collapses. i.e. Shows that the official 9/11 story defies the laws of physics. Includes videos.59/11 Pilots for 9/11 TruthNot an "inside job" site. Information from experienced commerical and military pilots and aircraft engineers that explains how the official 9/11 story is impossible. Includes videos.5Programming The Code ProjectAbsolutely one of the best sites available for programmers.5Health Green Med InfoHealth site with a vast amount of information on mostly natural health solutions. 5---- ------------Blog Renegade's Blog :D My blog. :) I like it because it's mine. :P Rate for yourself. ;)
Cheers~! :D

MilesAhead:
Windows7 OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/

Forum for Windows7 related topics including subforums for networking, software, customization, hardware etc..  Also has a great Tutorials section.  Many of the topics have downloads with .reg files if the fix or adjustment requires a registry tweak. Tutorials are broken down into categories. Some examples: how to do a clean install when upgrading, clearing Explorer icon cache How to legally install Windows Seven from an iso image using no product key for an evaluation period etc.. As far as the legal issues go, there are many MS MVPs hanging on the forum. If a tutorial says it's legal to install Windows or extend the evaluation period in such and such a circumstance, and the tutorial has been up for any length of time, you can be sure it would have been taken down if there was anything dicey. Not a site that leads you into dubious territory. :)

In short it's the only Windows7 specific site that I visit.

My main gripe about the site is the search tends to search everything even if you are already in the Tutorials section when you initiate the search. To limit the search to Tutorials you need to use Advanced Search and manually remove everything else from the list of forums to search. A minor quibble. But I wish they'd fix it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version