ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Change Folder Icon Color from context menu

<< < (3/4) > >>

David.P:
OK, two more important requirements from my side:

a) Customization. Rather than having a green icon with the text "green" :huh: or a red icon with the text "red" :-\ besides it, I would need colored icons with custom text -- which in my case is, for example, "bill paid" (green icon) and "bill due" (red icon). Customization via *.ini file would be no problem in my view.

b) Minimize clicks. One right click plus hovering the Folder Color Tool's context menu entry should display the list of colors directly, without further click(s).

I'm prepared to donate because this would just make a Folder Color Tool perfect for me.

c.gingerich:
Hmm, well I completely changed the interface. It is no longer a menu. It is a dialog that list the default folder colors available if that folder has no custom icon already, if there is a custom icon set it shows the icon or icon resource the icon is in and allows you to choose your own custom icon file (I was thinking about making it shareware since I put a lot more time into this and selecting a custom icon would be in the registered version, but not sure yet). So, I should be able to allow custom text under the icon on the dialog. Right now I use a number that corresponds to the icon number in the icon resource file.

I am not sure I completely understand your second request. Maybe since it is now on a dialog, that would not apply? See the screen shot attached for the new look as it stands now.

Change Folder Icon Color from context menu

David.P:
ad a) Custom text: great!

ad b) I mean I'd simply like a list of colors (with custom labels) in the second level of the context menu, like so:

(left side: Explorer context menu 1st level, right side: Explorer context menu 2nd level)

Thus, only 1 click to see the colors (well and of course 1 more to actually choose the color)

c.gingerich:
That is a limitation of the language I use, I can add items, but not in a sub menu. Sorry. Wish I could, I would have done that with all my other apps as well.

David.P:
I see. What about showing the color/label list (or dialog) after the first click in the Explorer context menu (not after the second click, like with the present public version)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version