ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... win7 startup problem solvers

<< < (3/3)

db90h:
oops, nevermind, posted something you'd already said you is N/A...

barney:
If it's Windows 7 you should be able to set the service to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Automatic (Delayed Start) specifies that a service should be started approximately 2 minutes after the system has completed starting the operating system.

* The Automatic (Delayed Start) startup type is preferred over the Automatic startup type because it helps reduce the effect on the system’s overall boot performance.
* An example of a service that use the Automatic (Delayed Start) startup type is the Windows Update service that scans for applicable security updates for the system.
--- End quote ---
-4wd (July 08, 2012, 09:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

I am absotively, posilutely certain I tried that  :huh:.  So I probably thought about it, got distracted, and failed to implement  :-[.  At any rate, I just tried it [again?].  Lo! And behold!  It worked  :Thmbsup:!

Thanks, 4wd for applying impetus where it belonged.  I keep thinkin' that someday I'll learn, but obviously not lately  :P.

4wd:
Thanks, 4wd for applying impetus where it belonged.-barney (July 09, 2012, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version