ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Browser Bunch 1.4.2.1 beta

(1/11) > >>

MilesAhead:
Browser Bunch 1.0.0.0 is a launcher used with a file full of Urls. The file is specified on the command line. This can be done conveniently using SendTo Menu.  Windows Seven Jump List is even better. Pin the program to Taskbar. Drag plain text files full of Urls onto the Taskbar Icon.

If the program is run with no params, it displays usage info.

Here's a screen shot of the Gui Window that pops up allowing you to select your preferred browser for this group of Urls:

As you can see some of the buttons are blank(they are all blank on first run.) If you press a blank button a File Open Dialog will allow you to associate a browser exe with that button. Or you can cheat and just add the paths to your browsers to the .ini file.

The program also has an option to use a filter. Say as example I saved 500 IMDB search Urls to my Urlfile. But I only want to show those that have "wind" in the name like Windstruck or Gone With The Wind. I type wind in the InputBox and only those Urls will be added to the command tail.

As you can see in the screen shot, the label gives the stats on the length of the command tail, and the number of tabs that would open if you launch a browser. Just press Esc Key or click on the 'x' in the corner of the window to abort the launch.

It doesn't have any fancy mechanism to collect urls. But as I noted in the Readme.txt EditPadLite7 will handle the drop of the address bar text from most browsers. Worked with chrome, MaxThon and Firefox.  Didn't like Opera. But select then copy and paste works with everything. :)

Download page:

http://www.favessoft.com/downloads.html

rgdot:
Using XP, I get the dialogue window (describing the program) but nothing happens after.

MilesAhead:
If run with no params, it shows usage and quits. You have to supply a UrlFile on the command line. Please read the Readme.txt.

It's not designed to stay running. It launches the browser with Urls and exits.
See the included example url file.

As noted in the Readme, it's designed to be run from SendTo or Jump List. From command line try
BrowserBunch ExampleURLfile.txt

then just hit Enter when the InputBox opens. I'm adding a means to pick up the default browser if it's not already set for the default button. I should post it in about an hour or so.

MilesAhead:
Browser Bunch 1.1.0.0 Now if Default Button on Gui is blank, when you press it you are prompted to assign the default browser, if the program can determine it. If you click No on the MsgBox, then a File Open Dialog is presented, same as for all the other buttons.

This is kind of a quick start. If you only use one browser no sense making you load it manually. I could detect default browser on start up, but that would complicate setting the default button to some other browser. This method is simpler and less likely to go wrong.

At this point there is no automatic ini file backup. Once you have your browsers set up I recommend making a copy of your BrowserBunch.ini file. Since the program launches and quits, there's no tray icon menu for other commands. The design is simpler.

I guess I could add an .ini file option IniBackupName or something. If not blank I can copy the existing ini file to that name before overwriting it. I'll try it out and see if it makes sense to do it like that.

rgdot:
Thanks for the clarification

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version