ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Splinter

<< < (29/29)

dmd7978:

Or am I still misunderstanding what this is supposed to be about?

-oblivion (May 05, 2012, 03:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

I should have taken your advice from the very beginning. I had tunnel vision and it backfired. I, now, want to put the source code into the public domain. What do you think?

wraith808:
You could just put it on Github with an appropriate license.

dmd7978:
You could just put it on Github with an appropriate license.
-wraith808 (August 19, 2018, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

EDIT- I just found http://ourproject.org/ , this might be along the lines of what I was wanting. I looking for an "unsegregated" site, as in both coders and end users sharing ideas and such.

Yeah, my bad, I guess, cause you are the second one to tell me that. I know of github I just didnt know it is the be all end all in this arena. I was thinking that there would be some type of recipe for --- I'm just not sure github is for me.

I don't want to publish the source, for this, just to have it melt away in the background of millions of others' code.  I was kind of hoping there was somewhere that says "hey, if your app is dope and you want to publish the source into a specific software category forum, we will look it over and if it meets whatever standards, you have a spot for a thread dedicated to such n such". I have seen forum type sites with this kind of format but they were for executables not source.

I just really, really hate the entire format of githubs website. I think it is the ugliest thing on the net. It truly is a coder's site, I don't mean that in the positive. I cannot see any standard end user wanting anything to do with github site, and that makes me hesitant. Github, itself, doesn't provide anything but a location to do it. If I were to upload the source it would end there unless I ---- grrr...I dunno, there is every type of website, I have to think there is one similar to what I am looking for. Thanks, though.

(to DC admins, I didn't realize that my reply, earlier, would raise my post back up to the top. When I saw that it did, it was force of habit to just go and delete it but no deleting on this site. Wasn't trying to bump anything)

Ath:
"hey, if your app is dope and you want to publish the source into a specific software category forum, we will look it over and if it meets whatever standards, you have a spot for a thread dedicated to such n such"
-dmd7978 (August 19, 2018, 11:25 AM)
--- End quote ---
That would only happen if we lived in an ideal world..., IMHO

Or on DonationCoder, but as there is no way other than sharing a .zip file or your own (dcmembers-) site for sharing source, we usually point to github for that :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version