ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Simple means of joining images?

(1/8) > >>

rjbull:
Please, is there a simple program that will allow me to butt-join graphic images together, much like you'd do with paper and glue?  This would be nice for things like before-and-after screenshots, etc.  The images might not always be the same size or shape.  I'd like full control over their positioning, and to save the composite result as a new graphic.

I thought this was what NANY 2012 Pledge & Release: Image Grid was, but it felt like a sliding-block puzzle and wasn't quite what I wanted.   

oblivion:
You make it sound so simple...

I'd have said that you're asking for something that can handle layered images so you can resize individual layers and move them about with respect to each other and finally merge the layers into a single composite.

I'm not aware of anything out there that can do that without bolting in all the other stuff you'd expect a layer-aware image editor to be able to do. However... have you tried Serif's PhotoPlus SE? (I don't know and can't tell from the site if it can do layers like its commercial counterpart but it's probably worth a try!)

If you're after something more scrapbook-ey, Serif also have an offering along those lines: CraftArtist

Both of the above have commercial versions and free versions: I think Serif -- these days -- are a little overpriced but they do tend to chuck the odd special offer around. And you might find the free versions do all you need anyway.

Unless I'm vastly misunderstanding what you're after, here?

skwire:
rjbull, did any of the "panorama photo stitching" type of software apps out there meet your needs?

hpearce:
JSHOT allows you append screenshots together either beside or below when you take take the shot .

I believe screenshot capture is going to have that feature too (someday) .

IainB:
You make it sound so simple...
-oblivion (April 30, 2012, 04:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
It is that simple: (I need to do this sort of thing all the time, exactly as @rjbull describes, and I do it in my main PIM - Microsoft OneNote)

(By the way, this took me seconds to do. As a demonstration, I used ScreenshotCaptor to add the notes and arrows to the composite image, but I could have done that quicker in OneNote too.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version