ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

windows xp sound device problems

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ath:
About b)

Windows 7 has an animation in the volume controls if sounds is actually 'passing through' that channel. Hm, I now see that XP doesn't have that :o

You could check if the Wave channel is accidentally muted: (just like Carol said)

x16wda:
To add to what Carol said, don't forget to look on the Volume tab at the options in there and in the Advanced buttons and see if anything looks odd.

FLueR00:
 :wallbash: thanks everyone but to no avail nothing is still working. My control panel is icon is not working. I did check audio, video device status and every thing is blank or unable to change it. I don't how to explain it. I am getting can not find sound card, or detect any speaker. I am going to just reboot with my cd rom for microsoft again. I am just fed up with this!! >:(

Ath:
Sounds like Windows is terribly hosed in some way. A re-install should work wonders... :-\

Carol Haynes:
Can you see the sound device in the device manager?

If it is a separate sound card try reseating it in its slot - it may have a poor connection or dust in the socket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version