ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Access violation error every morning

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
Thanks Ath -- but to reiterate, what i need confirmation of is that the only thing that causes the error is a Selected Region capture.

Ath:
what i need confirmation of is that the only thing that causes the error is a Selected Region capture.
-mouser (June 12, 2012, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's what I'll be checking tomorrow... :up:

bubbajunk:
I tried several scenarios. For each scenario, I first docked the laptop, executed a screen capture, undocked the laptop, executed another screen capture. Here's what happened for me for each scenario on the second (undocked) screen capture

- Selected Region - 'Access violation' error as described above
- Screen (current monitor) - Screenshot Captor window presented, looks like a screen capture occured, but nothing captured. After hitting hotkey again, the full screen is captured and displayed as expected.
- Complete Workspace - screenshot of full screen captured as expected.
- Active Window - most of the time this worked, but once or twice the taskbar icon turned red like it was in capture mode, but nothing else appeared to happen. In that case, I had to exit and restart Screenshot Captor.
- Fixed Region - worked as expected

So, I only get the 'Access violation' error dialog box on the Selected Region capture, but there was some other unexpected behavior associated with others.

mouser:
Thanks very much for the report bubba.. that makes things a bit more murky for me, but i'll make another run at solving it!

Ath:
That's what I'll be checking tomorrow...
-Ath (June 12, 2012, 05:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ok, it's tomorrow now :), and I tried PrtScr and Ctrl-PrtScr hotkeys (default key-mappings: Grab current Screen and Grab current Window) without any interaction with SSC after startup (only the systray context menu for hotkey reference), but I got no good capture from both (empty screen, no image saved). But no errormessages either.
Then pressed Shift-PrtScr for a Selected Region capture, and the selection and capture worked both as expected, without errors, giving a saved file in my capture store (default setting of saving the capture to disk).

what i need confirmation of is that the only thing that causes the error is a Selected Region capture.
-mouser (June 12, 2012, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'd say that the answer is: No.

Seems like detecting the available screens after a 'system reconfiguration' isn't working right, until after some part of SSC is actually (re)initializing those parameters. Or maybe the 'DisplaysHazChanged' call-back event isn't set up properly :huh:

HTH

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version