ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Access violation error every morning

<< < (3/6) > >>

bubbajunk:
I was about to create a new topic before I found this post thread. I am experiencing the same issue with a different address in the error message. For me the error is 'Access violation at address 004B4948 in module ScreenCaptor.exe. Read of address 00000004.' I am using SC v3.06.01 on Win 7 Enterprise SP1. I am able to consistently replicate the issue.

Like the others here, I initially thought the issue had something to do with coming in and out of sleep mode as that was when I seemed to experience the issue. I've been able to replicate the issue without invoking sleep mode. For me the issue occurs on the first screen capture after undocking. To be more specific, I also have my PrntScrn hotkey mapped to 'Grab Selected Region'.  So the first time I hit the PrntScrn button after undocking, I get the error. The behavior for me is identical to that for dlprice. I get the cross hairs and as soon as I try to draw the region box, the error occurs. After clearing the error dialog boxes, the error recurs if I again try to draw a region box while the cross hairs are still present. If I hit the ESC key to dismiss the cross hairs, then subsequent presses of the PrntScrn key don't error.

When docked, I use dual monitors, the primary monitor is connected to the docking station and the secondary monitor is laptop.  When I undock, the primary monitor switches to the laptop screen. Perhaps SC gets confused about which monitor is which on the initial capture.

mouser:
I get the cross hairs and as soon as I try to draw the region box, the error occurs.
--- End quote ---

that's a good clue..

ok this has moved to my top priority to fix -- i appreciate the replications.

i may have gotten an answer to this before, but can i get some confirmation:

1. does this ONLY happen with selected region capture? i.e. if you do a full workspace or full screen cap or active window capture, does the error also trigger?
2. if it only happens with selected region capture, does it happen on selected region capture if you FIRST do a full screen capture?

alexp:
I've been getting this issue to with my dual monitor setup at work. Some mornings when I come in it's as if my computer has forgotten it's got a second monitor attached and I have to go into screen resolution and detect the second monitor. This issue seems to have been happening for a while but I'm not sure if it's the program that's causing it or an issue with my actual pc. I rarely shutdown/reboot my pc so I might close screenshot captor when I'm done and see if that stops my forgetting monitor issue?

To answer your questions from my experience.

1. Seems to be only happening with selected region capture. I seem to be able to take full screen captures.
2. After taking a full screen capture I'm able to then use selected region capture with no problems.

mouser:
1. Seems to be only happening with selected region capture. I seem to be able to take full screen captures.
--- End quote ---

This would be a really big clue -- can anyone else confirm that this is true for them too?

Ath:
can anyone else confirm that this is true for them too?
-mouser (June 12, 2012, 03:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 here.
I leave my work-PC on over-night, and just turn off the 2 Display-Port connected monitors. They seem to reset the display settings quite rigorously, because any window left open when turning off the monitors is resized to something like 640x480, and into the primary monitor's left-top position.
I tested with Selected region this morning, and it error-ed out. After clicking away the messages, it worked fine in selecting and making the screenshot.
I'll test again tomorrow, creating a full-screen screenshot and then try Selected region, got too many windows open now that I don't want to fix resizing on (can't close 'm either), to turn off the monitors right now :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version