ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can Anyone Explain This? PDF Won't Print Except in Browser

<< < (4/4)

Renegade:
Renegade

Try www.unlockpdf.com

-SKA (April 25, 2012, 10:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't try that one...

Stoic Joker:
If I pull document properties with Adobe Reader 9 (of your attached copy), it says it can be viewed/printed with v7.0 or higher. Printing isn't restricted, editing is. I've seen the shrink to fit margin issue cause problems quite frequently. I really don't see a point in trying to "crack" an unlocked file.

How does the Reader Print to File option behave ... And what if any error messages are there?? Does it get stuck in the spooler...or does it just not do anything, and vanish?

Renegade:
If I pull document properties with Adobe Reader 9 (of your attached copy), it says it can be viewed/printed with v7.0 or higher. Printing isn't restricted, editing is. I've seen the shrink to fit margin issue cause problems quite frequently. I really don't see a point in trying to "crack" an unlocked file.

How does the Reader Print to File option behave ... And what if any error messages are there?? Does it get stuck in the spooler...or does it just not do anything, and vanish?
-Stoic Joker (April 26, 2012, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

The point to unlock it was to save it to another format (not that it would actually work...)

I didn't even bother asking her for any errors. I went directly to Screenshot Captor for scrolling captures.

PDFs are the most miserable things in the world to work with, so I didn't even bother trying to fight with it. I figured I could fart around, or solve the problem. :)

Still... I asked here because I'm curious as the issue seems bizarre.  :huh:

db90h:
If not explained, the reason it will print in your browser is because your browser has an independently installed embedded Acrobat Reader, while your primary Acrobat Reader application is apparently missing or misconfigured.

Reboyo:
I was having the same issue printing a pdf earlier.  I noticed that there's an advanced button on the printer selection screen and if you check the box that says "print as an image" all of a sudden it started printing.  Might be a simple solution.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version