ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Can Anyone Explain This? PDF Won't Print Except in Browser

(1/4) > >>

Renegade:
My friend's wife contacted me to help with a PDF that wouldn't print... Naturally my first reaction is that it's locked and being idiots, so I don't even bother farting around with it -- I go straight to Screenshot Captor and do a scrolling image that I cut into 5 pages.

>:(

Just about done editing some scroll lines in Photoshop when she finally prints the PDF...

http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/passports1/passports-a-to-z/a-topics/applications-forms

Will not print in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Will print in browser...

Huh? Seriously?

A comment about the UK govt - i.e. NSFWJust how small does your dick need to be to lock a stupid inconsequential form so that people can't print it? And does locking a form against printing make you feel tough?

Ahem... Anyways...

Does anyone know what you'd get that kind of bizarre behaviour? I mean Adobe -- we already know the UK govt is bizarre. ;) :P

Stoic Joker:
Weird, printed fine here. Only thing I noticed is that it appears to be A4, and I'm US 8.5x11. But the page scalling option on Adobe reader did fine with it ... Now if that wasn't set/adjusted to fit contents to page ... Some printers may tend to (fail/error) react badly to the print job.

Renegade:
Weird, printed fine here. Only thing I noticed is that it appears to be A4, and I'm US 8.5x11. But the page scalling option on Adobe reader did fine with it ... Now if that wasn't set/adjusted to fit contents to page ... Some printers may tend to (fail/error) react badly to the print job.
-Stoic Joker (April 25, 2012, 11:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... Odd...  :huh:

tomos:
Which form (there's a few on that page)

edit/ Adobe printed the C1 form fine

Stoic Joker:
Which form (there's a few on that page)-tomos (April 25, 2012, 11:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good point.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version