ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Rarma Radio (Raimersoft) - Mini-Review

<< < (2/4) > >>

PhilB66:
All the products on raimersoft download page are powered by BetterInstaller (an OpenCandy type installer) but without the users knowledge/consent. The installer also leaves BetterInstaller.exe behind.

Hint: launch the installer and check your AppData\Local\Temp folder

IainB:
@PhilB66: That's interesting. I don't get that "Babylon" screen, and no adware has been installed on my laptop.
The install sets up two folders in Temp:

* is-4JF82.tmp
* is-3MQE4.tmp- with nothing "bad" in them as far as I can see.
The install did try to phone home, but my Windows 7 Firewall Control trapped that and I did not enable it.

PhilB66:
The install did try to phone home, but my Windows 7 Firewall Control trapped that and I did not enable it.-IainB (April 26, 2012, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

True, if you block the installer, you will not get the BetterInstaller adware, junk offers, Facebook script, etc. I still think you should include a warning about the installer in your review.

Renegade:
The install did try to phone home, but my Windows 7 Firewall Control trapped that and I did not enable it.-IainB (April 26, 2012, 09:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

True, if you block the installer, you will not get the BetterInstaller adware, junk offers, Facebook script, etc. I still think you should include a warning about the installer in your review.
-PhilB66 (April 26, 2012, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Have a quick read at my blog post "Opening Up OpenCandy".

I go through web traffic in depth there and show exactly what it is doing.

You can then imagine that what IainB sees is very different from what you see.

Advertisers generally pay more/less for different markets.

e.g. The US market is the highest paying market, while you won't get/pay jack all for ads in other countries like India or Cambodia. Even Canada is MUCH cheaper than the US market. etc. etc.

So, this isn't a failing of IainB, unless you expect reviewers to spend several days for mini-reviews. ;) ;D

iphigenie:
While we're on internet radio players, anyone knows one that can scrobble what the radio played (if the stream contains the information). It would make it so easy to find tracks later again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version