ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: 1-action Unzip

<< < (4/10) > >>

Renegade:
+1 for 7-Zip, and if you want to minimize clicks, turn off 'Cascaded context menu' in Options/7-Zip, so Extract Here and Extract to <folder> are directly available in the right-click context menu. Less than 2 clicks is useless imho, would you want all your zip-files to be extracted on double-click?
-Ath (April 25, 2012, 01:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Personally, I like getting the ZIP context menu on a double-click. It's insanely fast compared to opening a full program, and you have every available option right there.

But if you have 1-click extraction for a double-click, you always still have the right-click menu available. So, you really don't lose anything. You simply have to figure out what you want to do.

It's really all just a matter of how you like your work-flow. Some people are simply slow, and slower methods are good enough for them.

c.gingerich:
Ok, well I think I'm going to try my had at making the app.  ;)

Renegade:
Ok, well I think I'm going to try my had at making the app.  ;)
-c.gingerich (April 25, 2012, 07:47 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you take advantage of one of the available command line utilities, I'm sure you can save a TRUCKLOAD of time.

(Believe me... anyone can make a zip utility, but it takes SKILL to make a good one.)

c.gingerich:
Here is the app. FastUnzip Snack. There is no settings dialog or anything. Just install and it will associate to ZIP files (may add more by request). Then just double click on a ZIP file and it will extract to the current folder as a sub-folder of the ZIP file name. So if you have a Zip file called MyZip.zip, it will extract to a folder called MyZip. Once extracted, the folder is opened.

For now that is all it does, but I may add other features.
Maybe adding a settings box that gives an option to show a popup menu when double clicking a ZIP to Extract Here or Extract to sub-folder.

Any other ideas?

[EDIT]

Updated to add comments from TaoPhoenix

This turned out to be a really sweet app IMO.

After install you will get a settings dialog (see attached image) that will allow you to:

* Set the file associations (supported file types are ZIP, RAR, 7z, TAR, CAB)
* Set an Open With application to open archives (used when FastUnzip Snack is disabled or popup menu is used)
* Disable FastUnzip Snack (must have an Open With application set)
* Use a popup menu before extraction (see attached image)
You can also open the settings from Start > FastUnzip Snack > FastUnzip Snack Settings

Update 4/26/12

* Added a refresh after extraction
Update 4/25/12:

* Added sub menus in popup menu to allow delete and move w/o having to set in the settings dialog

Renegade:
Here is the app. FastUnzip Snack. There is no settings dialog or anything. Just install and it will associate to ZIP files (may add more by request). Then just double click on a ZIP file and it will extract to the current folder as a sub-folder of the ZIP file name. So if you have a Zip file called MyZip.zip, it will extract to a folder called MyZip. Once extracted, the folder is opened.

For now that is all it does, but I may add other features.
Maybe adding a settings box that gives an option to show a popup menu when double clicking a ZIP to Extract Here or Extract to sub-folder.

Any other ideas?
-c.gingerich (April 25, 2012, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wow. That was fast. Can I ask what you used?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version