ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: 1-action Unzip

<< < (5/10) > >>

c.gingerich:
As far as the programming language? I use Visual Dialogscript and I already had made something similar to what you were asking for personal use. It extracted a ZIP file to a temp dir then displayed all the executable files and allowed me to choose one to run. I just took that code and changed it up a bit to make this.

TaoPhoenix:
Here is the app. FastUnzip Snack. There is no settings dialog or anything. Just install and it will associate to ZIP files (may add more by request). Then just double click on a ZIP file and it will extract to the current folder as a sub-folder of the ZIP file name. So if you have a Zip file called MyZip.zip, it will extract to a folder called MyZip. Once extracted, the folder is opened.

For now that is all it does, but I may add other features.
Maybe adding a settings box that gives an option to show a popup menu when double clicking a ZIP to Extract Here or Extract to sub-folder.

Any other ideas?
-c.gingerich (April 25, 2012, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's promising too Chris!

Please add about three more features:
1. Option on/off whether the new created folder opens. A lot of times I am just managing programs, and I don't actually want to look at it/run it.
2. Add support for Rar files. Seems like a lot of those Ludum games are Rars.
3. Add an option what to do with the original Zip. A. move it inside the created unzip folder, or B. Trash it.

These should be  in settings, not individual dialogs. Then once the user gets his patterns down, he can just cruise.

Thanks for jumping into Snack Land!

--Tao

c.gingerich:
Ok. I think I can add these. At work now, but I'll get to this as soon as I can.  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva:
This topic here on DC is very relevant to this discussion :) (actually, I think there are other similar ones).

TaoPhoenix:
This topic here on DC is very relevant to this discussion :) (actually, I think there are other similar ones).
-jgpaiva (April 25, 2012, 11:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is! However, I think I'll be happiest with the Snack in the works that Chris is working on.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version