ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Developer's Corner

TextAdept: Lua-extensible Editor

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tuxman:
Textadept is easily on par with Vim, Emacs and ST (to name three popular, powerful editors) in terms of its capabilities.
--- End quote ---

Where's the mail client?

I guess the "problem with GTK" is a problem with the developer. Other GTK editors work fine.

Shades:
Indeed, there are differences between the two, but not bothersome to me. These solarized colors in your screenshot, do (but that is a matter of preference, of course).

Here is a side-by-side from both with default settings and colors on my windows 7 with Ati video-card (Radeon HD4670) with the latest drivers for that particular video-card:
TextAdept: Lua-extensible Editor
Left is Sublime, on the right TextAdept. Text rendering is less "condensed" in TextAdept when compared, but that is no deal breaker for me.

phitsc:
And here one from me, both with Consolas and Monokai Themes (although these differ for the two editors as is obvious):

Same conclusion as Shades.

Jibz:
That's interesting -- I wonder what is causing the horrible red/blue fringing on vertical edges on my setup :(.

skwire:
That's interesting -- I wonder what is causing the horrible red/blue fringing on vertical edges on my setup :(.-Jibz (May 11, 2014, 02:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Jibz, your screenshots remind me of ClearType colouring/anti-aliasing.  Perhaps that's what is causing it?  For the record, I can't STAND ClearType at all; it always looks fuzzy and out-of-focus to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version