ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

W7 taskbar>toolbar>'desktop' extremely slow

<< < (3/7) > >>

Curt:
Just to be clear, when you say "toolbar for the desktop" do you mean you have about 100 icons on the desktop? Or some special toolbar?-MilesAhead (April 19, 2012, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

Standard Desktop > Icons Hidden.
Standard Taskbar > right-click > Toolbar > Desktop
"Skrivebord" = desktop

nosh:
Do any of these shortcuts point to targets on a network or optical drive? Basically anything other than local hard drives... those may be taking a while to resolve.

Curt:
-all the programs are installed on C:\..., but there are also the standard desktop shortcuts for Libraries, Curt, Computer, Network (which is empty), Control Panel, and the Bin/Wastebasket. No shortcuts for USB sticks etcetera.

nosh:
Move all "special" shortcuts that don't point to files on your local hard disk away temporarily. See if that makes a difference. It's easy enough to move them back in.

MilesAhead:
One thing you could try instead of hidden shortcuts on the desktop, put all your shortcuts into a folder, say Apps or whatever you want to name it.  Drag it into MyDocuments.  A Move from the desktop so now your desktop is clean.  Right click on Taskbar, then Toolbar, the New Toolbar.  Navigate in My Documents and select the folder. Now you have a ">>" on the Toolbar.

I'm thinking maybe whatever hides the desktop shortcuts may be clashing.

I did the above but I don't like mouse hover menu. So I dragged the individual subfolders onto RocketDock and made a custom icon for each category of programs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version