ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

can any explorer alternative do this?

<< < (3/5) > >>

kalos:
- xplorer² is more powerful than XYplorer? or XYplorer can do everything xplorer² does?
- I dont see any search area in xplorer², at least out-of-the-box, is there any hidden option?

tomos:
- xplorer² is more powerful than XYplorer? or XYplorer can do everything xplorer² does?-kalos (April 18, 2012, 10:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

They are both very respected -
each file manager is going to have some pros and cons...

It would be interesting to see an objective feature comparision of the major file managers...
This wikipedia article will give you some idea - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers

I like XYplorer a lot but am not a "power" user so cant really comment (also I'm not familiar with xplorer²).

Renegade:
each file manager is going to have some pros and cons...
-tomos (April 18, 2012, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've run into some problems with many Explorer replacements, but I need to deal with multiple languages, which many can't handle properly for what I need.

But overall, the ones I've tried/buyed, are all pretty good. It's a mature market, so it's hard to find one of the mature ones that doesn't do what you want.

For search, just try them and see what you like.

kalos:
FWIMC it seems Directory Opus offers exactly the same function as Windows Explorer of Windows 7:
http://www.gpsoft.com.au/program/ss/1.jpg

EDIT: damn, it is not standalone, it requires Windows Desktop Search 4.0!!!

tomos:
XYplorer has a bunch of tabs for searching. So you can search for various things - e.g. a filename (or part of it) and content from within the file.
See where the mouse arrow is? You select which aspects you want to search for & the relevant tabs are highlighted with blue text

can any explorer alternative do this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version