ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of ... a flexible merge software.

<< < (2/2)

x16wda:
Does the software let you do an export to a text format, so you could massage the exports together and merge back in?

barney:
There's a problem with either flat file or export to text.  Much of what I'm doing is to capture complete Web pages, including graphics.  Some of the captures are intrinsically worthless without those graphics.  And therein lies the dilemma.

If I'm capturing, for instance, a tutorial on a particular coding discipline, I need to be able to see the code examples in the page.  Oft times, that code is presented as a screen capture, typically a .jpg or .png file.  If I cannot see the code, the capture is futile.  That's the reason I'm using MyInfo - it has the most complete capture capability of any software I've used to date, and I've tried (and sometimes paid for) a bunch of 'em.  It also puts the URL of the capture at the bottom of the page, so I have attribution and citation references available.  The only problem I have with it, so far, is the inability to merge files.  I can do a copy/paste from one database to another, record by record, but I have to be able to recognize what needs to be moved - and it is a tedious process, very time-consuming  :o/.  That's why I was hoping against hope for a way of automating/simplifying that process.

skwire:
Have you contacted the authors of MyInfo to see if they have any suggestions?

barney:
Have you contacted the authors of MyInfo to see if they have any suggestions?
-skwire (April 17, 2012, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Awaiting a response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version