ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: "Filegrab"-like functionality integrated into the file explorer.

<< < (5/5)

IainB:
OK, when it fails to find FileGrab.exe, the process properties for SendToFileGrab.exe say that it is currently in the directory XYZ that has been selected to send some files from.
Putting the file SendToFileGrab.ini into the XYZ directory causes the SendTo to work fine.
However, putting the file SendToFileGrab.ini into the C:\Windows directory seems to have no effect.

Odd.

f0dder:
There, .ini file path should be taken care of - embarrassingly simple fix :)

IainB:
Problem solved!
Many thanks @f0dder! That seems to work perfectly now.

By the way, in the discussion above, there are some notes about what file metadata you can get from which file explorer.
Just by coincidence, I have today tried out a proggie called SysExporter, and it was so good that I thought it might be useful if I wrote a review report about it. Here it is: SysExporter - (Screen-scraping) Export data from Windows controls - Mini-Review

What it shows is that, in the case of file metadata, you can capture all the metadata text that you can cause to be listed in a file explorer display window. For example:
...The next image shows the same approach, where I captured the data displayed by SysExporter about some music files listed in one of my file manager (xplorer²) windows. Rather nice. (Again, the embedded question marks - this time in the bitrate field). Notice how the column headings have also been captured in Excel.
-IainB (November 15, 2012, 10:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version