ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

New iPad owner. Please suggest Apps.

<< < (2/6) > >>

nosh:
Strange - I use an iPad 1st gen and never lose the connection, maybe it's a range issue? I remember it acting flaky once, after an OS upgrade... deleting the wifi settings and setting them up from scratch sorted it out.

Renegade:
Strange - I use an iPad 1st gen and never lose the connection, maybe it's a range issue? I remember it acting flaky once, after an OS upgrade... deleting the wifi settings and setting them up from scratch sorted it out.
-nosh (April 11, 2012, 01:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

My iMac has the same problem -- slow & unreliable wireless. The Dell, HTC, Galaxy Tab, and HP never have problems. Don't know why... But I could really care less about my iMac. If it ticks me off too much, I can just wire it with an ethernet cable.

The range on the router is like 100 m or something. In reality, it's more like 30 m though.

She did the delete and redo thing, and that seemed to sort it... but that was this morning, and not sure if that will last... We'll see.

nosh:
I reserve IP addresses for specific MAC addresses in the router settings, BTW.

Renegade:
I reserve IP addresses for specific MAC addresses in the router settings, BTW.
-nosh (April 11, 2012, 01:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Is there an app for that? :P

Just joking! ;D I'll give that a spin & see if it works. But from the sounds of it, my guess is that it will. The iMac always likes to try to take IP addresses that have already been assigned for some reason, so that's likely the same issue for the iPad.

Thanks for the tip~!

lotusrootstarch:
yet another reason to get airport extreme! :D jk. Something to do with your AP or iOS i guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version