topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:39 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: toggle/change icons on action / on return from external program  (Read 4018 times)

poyan

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • DentalTrauma.info
    • Donate to Member
Hi,
could not find much on this, except that you can add new menues by some plugin/textfile.

However, it would be great if the icons of an existing entry could be changed according to some action or to a returned value of some external program.
For example: changing from a red colored icon to a green one if program is running, or, if an external/network drive is available or ... whatever. Should be more than just two options...
One may even think on displaying continously changing data.
I know there are a lot of programs for displaying everything of interest and even beyond that ;-)  (used samurize some years ago), but at the moment I'm stuck to LBC and it would be great to not have the necessity to install and configure another program which will interfere with LBC, at least will reduce the working area by applying another bar to the monitor.
A compromise could be that LBC allows an individually definable part of the space it is using from one end of the monitor to the other when docked...
Any idea in these directions?

Greets
poyan

xpi3000

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: toggle/change icons on action / on return from external program
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20 PM »
i like that idea, it is a little bit like taskbar functionality. when there would be a hook which is checking for running programs and main windows, then dock could display alternative icon, which one has to specify.
the running specificator could be other background or a rectangle or custom icon.