ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

yet another file manager thread...

<< < (9/10) > >>

fenixproductions:
@DonL
I will not install MSE just to disable XY in it ;)

@Jibz
I also think this may be multi-threading issue.
Even my own applications were freezing single-threaded (BBCeditor has parsing engine runnig in separate thread and Comparer is getting thumbnails from explorer/plugins same way).

BTW TC was behaving in the same way for folders with a lot of icons/thumbnails. It stopped with one update, after Ghisler had made some functions to work in background.

DonL:
@DonL
I will not install MSE just to disable XY in it ;)

@Jibz
I also think this may be multi-threading issue.
Even my own applications were freezing single-threaded (BBCeditor has parsing engine runnig in separate thread and Comparer is getting thumbnails from explorer/plugins same way).

BTW TC was behaving in the same way for folders with a lot of icons/thumbnails. It stopped with one update, after Ghisler had made some functions to work in background.
-fenixproductions (September 13, 2012, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's not the icons. This is long solved. Don't forget: For the great majority of users XY is super-fast.

hulkbuster:
Just stumbled upon this thread, i want to give my opinion too, i prefer program's or application : in this case being a file manger, that would consume
little or very less memory, i have used not a huge but quite a few good ones like q-dir which consumed around 8 mb Dopus around 60 mb, xyplorer around 4 mb no matter if i do a copy paste of a huge file . The least was Total commander, around 2 mb but i still can't get it to understand why people llike it so much. Especially power users, as they say... ::)

I use xyplorer and the tab feature makes it really easy if i want to do a copy paste or extract or move things with an external device attached, that is one thing i really like: single reason i use x yplorer.
Besides that i don't use xyplorer or any other file manager.

But xyplorer is good :)

widgewunner:
I can't imagine working without my beloved ZTreeWin. If you're keyboard freak like me, I bet nothing can beat it regarding the speed and effectiveness of work. I'm bringing it everywhere with me on a flash disk.

The new upcoming version (at the moment in beta), includes mode for bulk managing directories. Definitely worth trying!
-yksyks (April 09, 2012, 12:29 PM)
--- End quote ---

ZTreeWin +1

Lutz_:
An interactive addressbar (aka navigable breadcrumbs) would be very appreciated in XYplorer
- the best breadcrumb implementation I remember is in  Ac Browser Plus (one can intuitively navigate through the entire file system).

While Don is around I will ask one of those questions all developers hate  :-[

zip, rar support any closer? thanks
-rgdot (September 13, 2012, 11:54 AM)
--- End quote ---
Last time I looked it was on the roadmap.
-DonL (September 13, 2012, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version