topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request  (Read 6526 times)

NovakD

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request
« on: September 16, 2006, 10:32 AM »
Make it possible to load any image file. The annotation features of Screenshot Captor are great and I have used them to annotate pictures from other sources by using import picture object. However, that import feature seems to add the imported image to the current image and resizes it. I would like the image to be loaded as a new item and without resizing.

Keep up the good work!
David

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:43 AM »
Hi David,

I know what you are asking..
currently the easiest way to do it is, just drag your file from the file explorer or desktop or whererever it resides, into the THUMBNAIL panel in screenshot captor.

you can then edit it in screenshot captor, save.

and then drag it FROM the thumbnail back to target folder.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:16 AM »
in addition to this request, i'd like to suggest a favourites' folders option so that images can stay in their own folders yet can be accessed quickly. WinRar does something like this so i'm attaching a screenshot of it.

SC-Favs-1_ver001.png

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 12:28 AM »
sc has a place where you can specify a number of directories, which will appear on your MoveTo menu..
i could add an additional menu like "changedir to" that could also use these directories to quickly switch your current screenshot directory?

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 12:39 AM »
sc has a place where you can specify a number of directories, which will appear on your MoveTo menu..

i had been aware of the MoveTo menu but i didn't want to move my images around. yes, a "chdir" or "Go to" menu would be more apt in situations, where i use SC as an annotation tool.

hgtwn

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 11:16 AM »
Another good feature to have in this program would be the ability to print ALL files selected.  I take many screen shots of programs and their screens and it would be great to be able to print them all at once.  Also, the print dialog box always shows my image as being Portrait when all the previous images i printed were landscape.  It would be nice if there was an option to choose a default print settings (portrait/landscape, paper size, printer etc.) for the program so you don't have to choose those settings every time.

Keep up the great work!