ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Text replacement app for Windows?

<< < (3/3)

Jibz:
I saw TextAccelerator mentioned recently.

joiwind:
I'm using TyperTask (free, 53Kb!).  It works in many different programs where previously I had some issues with other programs not expanding. It's been a while so I cannot quite remember the details.
Increase your efficiency by automating your keyboard with TyperTask! This tool simulates keyboard typing, and can be used to instantly type common phrases. Use it to automate chat conversations, website logins, programming code blocks, HTML tags, or anything else you can imagine.

It even has advanced automation features, including launching programs, window activation, delays, and mouse clicks, so it's capable of performing complex tasks. Configuration is easy with simple text files. It has vTask's powerful keyboard simulation engine, so it can handle international codes and system keys such as <Control>.

The included help file demonstrates many TyperTask uses. No installation required.

--- End quote ---

(see attachment in previous post)
http://www.vtaskstudio.com/support.php

TyperTask will automate your keyboard when a "signal" is typed.
For example, when you type "hth", it will auto type "Hope this helps!"
-justice (April 09, 2012, 04:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice find justice  :Thmbsup:

Redhat:
Wow thank you everyone, sorry for the delay in replying - I had to pay attention to family over Easter  :-\ :D

I'll take a look at all your suggestions - appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version