ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hack a Mac, or 500,000

<< < (4/4)

Carol Haynes:
At least running a decent AV may help, even if it is only after the event. Apple have repeatedly said that MacOS is impervious to this sort of thing which has the implicit assumption that using AV products is pointless and unnecessary. I don't see that many Macs but I have yet to see one that has ANY kind of security system installed and active.

lotusrootstarch:
Here's a free app that checks for the Flashback trojan...

http://9to5mac.com/2012/04/10/free-app-checks-for-the-flashback-trojan-infecting-600000-macs/

Renegade:

I guess I'll bow out of this.
* wraith808 shakes head-wraith808 (April 09, 2012, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's one thing to laugh at a fellow human being in pain, and another thing to laugh at a fanboi (they're not "fellow humans"). :P ;D

Ok, I'm being a bit mean, but seriously... Who hasn't listened to some fanboi rant when you know full well that everything they're saying is total BS.

I remember one time talking at a bar with a fellow I know and he was going on about "Macs cannot get viruses. Only Windows can. It's impossible for a Mac to get a virus..." etc. etc. etc. The idiocy only grew from there.

Yeah... I'm laughing at those people. And their pain. I just don't care. They're too stupid to deserve pity or sympathy. I have zero sympathy for religious zealots.

Mind you, I do have sympathy for the poor non-zealot that got hammered. For those that use a Mac or any OS simply to get things done, and not for religious reasons, I feel sorry for them. They got screwed. Just like normal Windows users get screwed when there's an exploit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version