ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hack a Mac, or 500,000

<< < (3/4) > >>

Deozaan:
OpenDNS is on it:

OpenDNS — security and DNS provider of choice for 2% of all Internet users — is blocking the Flashback Trojan, or what’s being described as one of the single biggest Mac security incidents of all time. As OpenDNS does in cases of very large scale attacks like this, the protection is included in Premium DNS and completely free to users. People not yet using OpenDNS need only to set up the service on their wireless router, computer or device to secure their computers and devices from the attack. (OpenDNS also offers OpenDNS Enterprise, a security service for businesses that includes comprehensive malware and botnet protection.)

If you’re already using OpenDNS services, no action is required to get the protection. It was enabled for you automatically. In addition to protection from Flashback, OpenDNS will also protect you from future, widespread attacks and make your Internet both faster and more reliable.-http://blog.opendns.com/2012/04/09/worried-about-mac-malware-just-set-up-opendns/
--- End quote ---

KynloStephen66515:
Ignorance is no defense...

People who own macs think they own the world, and they think (in most cases anyway) that they are better than everybody else, and (until now) they thought they where invulnerable to everything...

So Yes, I laugh, and I laugh LOUD!  ;D

wraith808:

I guess I'll bow out of this.
* wraith808 shakes head

Carol Haynes:
The humour of the situation is not the infections but that the invincible OS that cannot be infected has been. It is rather sad that so many people were conned to believe that crap and it is my fervent hope that a class action suit will follow against Apple who failed to live up to their own oft-repeated promises.

It is about times the liars were actually taken to task for their lying ways and compensate all the ignorant peasants they managed to con with false promises and assertions.

As for the users - I see infected computers on a near daily basis. Most people don't know how they got infected. I hope the incident doesn't cause them too much pain and rather than gloating people in the know can spread a little education on computer security.

Deozaan:
I hope the ... people in the know can spread a little education on computer security.
-Carol Haynes (April 09, 2012, 08:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not really sure how education could help much in this case anyway. It's one thing to know not to open suspicious files, or even what constitutes a suspicious file. But how can you know in advance which sites have been hijacked, since just visiting them will infect your computer?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version