ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hack a Mac, or 500,000

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stoic Joker:
Let me put this as succinctly as I can...

Thank you.

wraith808:
It's pretty amazing that something as detrimental as this, people are actually happy over.  I mean, vindication I can understand.  But happiness?  At something like this?   :huh: :down:

Stoic Joker:
The armchair general known as Apple has sat at the head of their cardtable battlefield piously peering over their plastic armies scoffing at the fates of those who actually were in the trenches. Smugly confident that their far superior and completely untested strategies would afford them swift and glorious victories against any attack. Their arrogant insistence on claiming that they really were ("Special")secured better than the rest and therefore must be the only safe haven for the iLife of the universe..

Their blithe insolence and blind assumption that they truly were impervious while never even knowing what it was like to have to make a critical decision while live rounds whizzed by their ears has earned them plenty of quality time as a laughing stock for all.

wraith808:
You're not laughing at Apple- you're laughing at a terrible situation for multiple users, including those that don't fit the mold of the imperious coffee shop drinkers that look down their noses at PCs being victimized by some nameless offenders.  Just my view of it...

Stoic Joker:
You're not laughing at Apple- -wraith808 (April 09, 2012, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes... Actually, I am.

you're laughing at a terrible situation for multiple users...-wraith808 (April 09, 2012, 12:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

That amounts to the "What about the children" defense. People do dumb shit every day ... It doesn't obligate me to lose any sleep over it. There was a crowd of sheeple that flocked to FireFox just before XP SP2 ... And they got there just in time for FF to get shot full of holes too. Did anybody (with a brain...) not see that coming?? It's not that FF was a bad browser (I have no problem with it), it's that a bunch of self appointed (security) mavens decided to wave it about like a magic cloak of invincibility. ...And got called for it shortly there after. Ha!

Likewise - as of late - a bunch of sheep have been herded into the Apple camp with a lure of ultimate safety. ...And they just got spanked for it. Hard ... And well deserved. Because what they should have done is spent some quality time (reading... (which is free)) finding out how to properly operate a computer in a secure fashion. Then it wouldn't have mattered what OS they were running as they'd be equipped with enough sense to know what to do next...or not to do in the first place as the case may be.

80/20 rule 101:
Did you update? No.
Are you infected? Yes.
...Do you see how these to points are associated? [Bobble-headed knod]
Good. *Smack* ...Now don't do that again. ;)

The Darwin Awards are funny, not because it isn't tragic that the star of the story died ... But because the staggering lack of common sense displayed at the end left one to ponder how the hell they managed lived as long as they did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version