ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

Idea - Paste utility...

<< < (2/2)

rjbull:
Do you mean something that pops up with a series of pre-defined "fixed" texts, as it were?

If so, maybe TypeItIn?  It's $19.95, and I've suggested it on Bits du Jour in hope of a future discount.  The last free version is here: TypeItIn v2.0. 

Or, Ka Type In, which is freeware anyway, though getting a little old.  So are Solway's Cliptext (and limited to 10 clips) and Multi Clipboard.   In fact, I seem to remember I couldn't get either of those last two to work on Vista Home Premium.

You can do it with PowerPro too, if you can figure out how.  I used to use PowerPro (on XP) to make buttons that appeared on the title bar of TED Notepad only when it was editing a particular file: clicking them dropped down menus of text strings.

[Edit at UK time 2012-04-04, 22:34:-]
Afterthought; suggest you investigate the freeware Text Editor Anywhere which allows you to readily tranship text between Web text boxes and your favourite text editor, so you have all the power of your editor readily available.  I almost invariably use it for my forum posts.
[/Edit]

sicknero:
Hi, some interesting suggestions there thank you.

I'm really liking Ka Type In, mostly because it can be triggered by mouse position and then just one more click pastes the item. Also it pastes the item without formatting so it's good with Open Office. And should I be feeling sufficiently energetic to use my keyboard, it also has an auto-complete capability. Nice.

Text Editor Anywhere, unrelated but very neat little app.

PowerPro lol. I remember downloading it years ago thinking "Wow this looks really really useful..!!". No prizes for guessing the end of that story :)  I'll have another look at it though, I'd like to think I've learned at least a little in the intervening years...

Anyway I'm uncomfortably aware that I'm probably way out of the area of coding snacks now. But ever the optimist, I'll just attach a couple of jpg's... mock-ups of my ideal paste extension. Doesn't have to attach to the actual "Paste" menu item of course, anywhere in the context menu is fine :)

skwire:
FWIW, integrating your menu into an existing program's context menu would be VERY difficult, if not downright impossible.

sicknero:
Hi yes, I think I remember asking you about this a few months back, in the context of AHK apps.

Time to draw a line under this one I think. I've been using 'Ka Type In' all day, and I think it's the closest I'm going to get. And it's excellent, even if it is relatively old now. I guess the reason that apps like this one work is that they don't try to integrate into existing menus. My understanding of the issues is very sketchy sorry.

A worthwhile thread though... it introduced me to a couple of really useful apps that I might not otherwise have found. So, many thanks everybody.

TaoPhoenix:
Excel 2010 (earlier?) has rightclick/"select from dropdown list" which accumulates the info in a column above it into a drop down list that you can just "pick and paste". Not exactly what you're looking for, but it's cute so I decided to mention it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version