ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

OpalCalc 1.43

<< < (14/20) > >>

Twinbee:
Hey you're right. Up to $10 now (on top of that old $17.50)

bob99:

I loaded the portable version of 1.51 and started the tutorial since it popped up. When I type as a continuous calculation I get 1.4.
If I use the win calculator: 5 - 4 + 2 / 10 * 2 = 0.6

OpalCalc 1.43

I didn't notice this was addressed anywhere.

Twinbee:
Hi bob99,

Yes Win calc is treating it as (5 - 4 + 2) ÷ 10 × 2, but I'd rather use the standard mathematical precedence where divide and multiply have higher priority - i.e.: 5 - 4 + (2 ÷ 10 × 2). What do others think?

However, looking at the screenshot gives me cause for other concern. The graphic icons are missing, which would make it hard to navigate. Do you have any information about this? You may have heard about the bug prize giveaway, where I'd be happy to award up to $50 for certain bugs.

oblivion:
Yes Win calc is treating it as (5 - 4 + 2) ÷ 10 × 2, but I'd rather use the standard mathematical precedence where divide and multiply have higher priority - i.e.: 5 - 4 + (2 ÷ 10 × 2). What do others think?-Twinbee (July 20, 2012, 09:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Proper mathematical precedence, definitely. If I wanted a stupid calculator, I'd use the one they sell in the supermarket for $1.56 (at current exchange values according to OC.) :)

bob99:

I may not have started it properly?
I downloaded the portable demo, saved and un-zipped in a folder/directory I have for downloads.
Opened the folder and double clicked on OpalCalc.exe
Received this pop-up

OpalCalc 1.43

Clicked OK
And up came the OpalCalc screen

OpalCalc 1.43

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version